2 cups rolled oats
1½ cups milk
1 granny smith apple, coarsely grated
¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 cup plain, Greek style yoghurt
1 cup fresh berries
1 tablespoon honey
1. Place the oats in a large bowl. Pour the milk into the bowl to cover the oats. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Just before serving, grate the apple and add to the bowl. Add half the yoghurt to the oat mixture and stir to combine.
3. Spoon the oats into 4 individual serving bowls. Top each bowl with the remaining yoghurt and berries. Sprinkle with the almonds and drizzle with honey.
· This recipe can be successfully made for a single serve. Soak ½ cup rolled oats in 1/3 cup milk. Stir through 2 tablespoons of yoghurt, then top with another spoonful. Top with berries, a sprinkle of almonds and a drizzle of honey.
· This recipe can be made with any type of milk. We often use oat milk for a dairy free alternative, and plain, coconut yoghurt instead of Greek yoghurt.
· If berries aren’t in season, sliced bananas, kiwifruit, or chopped dates are delicious too. We also use stewed apple or poached pears.
· You can also use a combination of other nuts or seeds instead of almonds.
Share this Post