250 g butter
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 cup self raising flour
2 tbsp rice flour
170 g icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180o Lightly grease a rectangular baking tray with butter and line with baking paper.
- Sift flours together into a large mixing bowl.Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flours until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla extract to the mixture. Mix together with a knife using a gentle cutting motion.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tray. Smooth the top gently with the back of a spoon.
- Score the slice into pieces, being careful not to cut all the way through. Prick the top of the shortbread with a fork.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Stand for 5 minutes before cutting the shortbread along the score lines with a sharp knife.
- Allow the shortbread to cool in the tray before removing.
Share this Post