Muffins are a quick and easy snack option. This recipe is a useful basic recipe that can accommodate different additions to provide variety.
2 cups self-raising flour
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup sunflower oil
1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and stir well.
- Whisk the milk, oil and egg together in a jug. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Apple and oat muffins
Add ½ cup of rolled oats to the dry ingredients. Add 2 apples, peeled and grated.
- Banana muffins
Add ½ cup mashed banana to the mixture (approximately 1 large or 2 small bananas).
- Blueberry muffins
Add ½ punnet of blueberries and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Carrot and parsnip muffins
Add 1 carrot and 1 parsnip, peeled and grated, to the mixture.
- Carrot and zucchini muffins
Add ½ cup rolled oats to the dry ingredients. Add 1 carrot and 1 zucchini, peeled and grated.
- Pear muffins
Add 2 pears, peeled and diced, to the mixture.
- I use wholemeal self raising flour for these muffins. You can also use gluten free self raising flour if required.
- The muffins can be made lactose free and dairy free by using a suitable milk alternative. I usually use oat milk if dairy free is needed.
Share this Post