8 large, white skinned potatoes
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup chives, snipped
Salt for seasoning
- Pre heat the oven to 200 oC .
- Peel the potatoes and halve length ways. Place one half of a potato, cut side down, on a chopping board. Without cutting all the way through the potato, make thin evenly cut slices at approximately 5 mm intervals. Repeat with the remaining potato halves.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and toss gently with the oil.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and season with salt. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, gently turn them after 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and turn them sliced side up. Spoon melted butter evenly over the potatoes and sprinkle with chives. Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- This recipe is suitable for people requiring a low chemical elimination diet.
- It is also suitable for people requiring gluten free and low lactose.
Share this Post