4 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1½ cups rolled oats
2 tbsp self raising flour
80 g butter
¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Place the apple slices in an ovenproof dish. Stir through 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan. Cook over a low heat until the butter is melted. Stir in the remaining maple syrup.
- Place the oats and flour in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Top the apple slices with the oat mixture. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and the apple is tender.
- You can make this apple crumble in 4 smaller, individual ramekins. Reduce the cooking time to 25 minutes.
- For apple and blueberry crumble, reduce the number of apples to 3 and add 1 punnet of fresh blueberries.
Share this Post