This recipe requires a bread maker.
Bread maker ingredients:
2 tsp yeast
475 g bread flour
260 ml milk
45 g butter
2 tbsp sugar
200 g white chocolate chips
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp water
- Place the first 6 ingredients into your bread maker pan. Select the “dough cycle” or equivalent on your bread machine and press “start”.
- Once the bread maker has finished its cycle, remove from the pan and place the dough onto a well floured board. Knead the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball and rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200o C. Line a rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll each portion of dough into a smooth ball and place on the prepared tray. Leave to rise for in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Stand for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar into a small mixing bowl. Add the butter and water and mix until smooth.
- Pipe crosses with the icing onto the cooled buns.
- These hot cross buns are suitable on a strict elimination diet.
Share this Post