4 beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
3 carrots, peeled and quartered lengthways
3 parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthways
1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, and chopped
400 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
200 g hummus
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place the beetroot wedges in a large baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the parsnips and carrots to the baking tray with the beetroot and toss gently to combine. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss the pumpkin and chickpeas in the remaining oil and add to the baking tray. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Drizzle the vegetables with maple syrup and return to the oven for the final 10 minutes.
- Spread a layer of hummus over a large serving platter. Top with the roasted vegetables and drizzle with any remaining juices from the pan.
- I use homemade hummus for this recipe.
Share this Post