These delicious vegetable muffins are perfect for a picnic lunch or the weekday lunch box.
Carrot and zucchini muffins (makes 12)
2 cups self raising flour
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 zucchini, grated
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
¾ cup milk
½ cup olive oil
Cracked pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper cases.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the carrot, zucchini and chives. Season with cracked pepper.
3. Whisk milk, oil and eggs together in a jug. Pour over dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
5. Stand for 5 minutes in the pan before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
• These muffins are delicious served with a dollop of sour cream or spread with cream cheese.
• These muffins are suitable on a moderate elimination diet with a few small modifications. Peel the zucchini before grating, swap olive oil for your choice of low chemical oil (we use canola or sunflower oil in these muffins), and season with salt instead of pepper.
Share this Post