Dietetics & Naturopathy
DIETETICS & DIABETES EDUCATION
NATUROPATHY & NUTRITION
Naturopathy is a holistic approach to wellness based on the principle that the body has the inherent ability to heal itself.
Healthy eating is the cornerstone of a healthy body and a healthy life, but food is so much more than fuel for your body. It also plays an important part in our social and emotional wellbeing. It is vitally important that food be enjoyable. I am committed to helping you learn about food and how to incorporate healthy eating habits for health, wellbeing, and pleasure.
When developing a healthy eating plan, I understand the importance of choosing a plan that suits you. I appreciate that everyone is unique, so will tailor information and advice to your needs. I am committed to providing you with strategies that suit your food preferences, health concerns, and lifestyle.
Individual consultations include a nutritional assessment, education, guidance, and understanding. I can help you manage a variety of health concerns including:
- Diabetes and pre diabetes
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Nutrition for pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Lactose intolerance
- Coeliac disease
- Weight management
- Dietary supplementation for weight gain
As I Diabetes Educator, I have expertise in diabetes education and care which allows me to assist people with diabetes and their families. I provide relevant information, knowledge and skills, as well as motivation and confidence, to help manage diabetes and make decisions about care and treatment.
I am available to help you with many areas of your diabetes management including:
- Self blood glucose management
- Identifying and managing the complications of diabetes
- Balancing your daily intake
- Achieving and maintaining a comfortable, healthy weight
- How carbohydrate foods affect your blood glucose levels
- Which foods contain carbohydrate
- The amount and type of carbohydrate food that is best for you
- How to read labels
- Better choices when eating out